Monday, February 10, 2014

Another week in Philly

Week #5 from Philly
 We have been on a lot of discussions with the elders.  I guess this is going to be what we do.  One was to a sister that has been baptized for quite sometime, but doesn’t come out.  She is always feeding the missionaries and we were invited to come this time.  She cooked enough food for an army, but the main dish was goat!  Dad was kind enough to take my piece from me and eat it, you know dad- he will eat anything.   I didn't want to make "Maud" feel bad.  She is from Hati and says goat is their main meat source.  I know I'm spoiled but there is a limit to all things.
 Sat. we went on the subway and went with the primary downtown to see the Philly temple.  It is 1/3 through.  It is built right downtown and will look like all the wonderful old government buildings around there.  They had to drill through 300 feet of granite to get enough parking for the temple.  There is no parking in downtown.  If you all come back we are learning how to do the subway thing so we can show you.  The way there is 300 more feet of granite so it will be build on solid ground.  One year for the exterior and one year for the inside.  It won't be done when we get through back here so maybe we will come back to it.
 We are getting pretty busy in the branch.  In two weeks we have to talk in Sacrament Meeting.  I teach RS, we've started a choir and I have to do singing in Primary.  We take the elders everywhere.  Elder Kofford sprained his ankle Sun. so he can't get around.  There is always opposition!  Dad has to run these elders back home so I"m leaving.

Love Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment