Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 1-8, 2014

   Another week- have I said that before?  They are going way to fast.  Today has been very cold, windy and wet. It rained all night long (I know because I was up). Today we have been out on three appointments and got stood up by all three of them!  Do you think people are too busy shopping or something???
   The same stuff as last week, there isn't a whole lot going on missionary wise.  We make appointments with the inactive members, but most of the time when we get there, they aren't there and don't even let us know. Even Alma, our sweet convert who has only been to church once since her baptism 4 months ago, was a little cold with us because she said she was so busy. She is always our ray of hope, and usually loves us no matter what. I guess the whole world feels stressed and pressure this time of the year! 
  It is our turn to conduct and get talks this month for Sunday,but even though we ask people, if they don't want to, they just don't show up and we have to try to figure out how to get through the meeting. It pays to always have a talk ready.   
   Dee has been quite stressful lately. She gets a bee in her bonnet and won't leave Karl alone until he satisfies her wants. She only has herself to think about. I feel sorry for her, but she sure likes to boss, and over the most stupid things.  She's got it in her head that we are all going to the temple site Monday night and sing Christmas songs in front of the temple and through the streets in downtown Philly. It is really cold and will probably rain so I can really see us hobbling along with Dee and her little push cart that  has  a sign on it saying, WATCH OUT, I'M BLIND AND HARD OF HEARING. Dad says it is "ME" that gets to walk with her and listen to her complain the whole time. Maybe we could find her a wheelchair, but I doubt she would use it.
   The weather has changed to cold. I'm getting out my long pants I wear under my skirt. It sure did help last winter. I bet we don't know anything compared to you "WALKERS".   Have you guys dug out yet?
   This coming week is pretty filled up. Sorry there wasn't much to report on this last week. We'll let you know if all the appointments follow through. We had the Christmas devotional broadcast at the Church. It was really nice, but only two missionaries showed up, so we went home early and watched in on our computer.

   Love to all of you.  Hope all of your weeks are filled and getting a lot accomplished.    
THE ARMSTRONG MISSIONARIES

No comments:

Post a Comment