Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015

 Dear Family and Friends, 

I wanted to tell you about our New Year's Day.  We went to Longwood Gardens with the Storms. I truly thought we were in the Garden of Eden. Flowers, trees, bushes and every type of vegetation you can dream of. All the Christmas lights and decorations were still there, it was simply beautiful. It took in acres and acres, a lot of it was inside conservatories, but the grounds were so wonderful besides. I've never seen so many beautiful Christmas Trees. Grandma would have gone nuts to be around all this beauty. Of course, she is around things much more beautiful now, but it sure made me think of her!  It was super cold but well worth it.
  We have Rosina in the hospital again, she has had a stroke on her right side. She can talk and eat, but she mainly sleeps and they get her up to do therapy twice a day. Not sure what is going to happen to her.  We are teaching her two grandsons the discussions, one of them is Raymir  (the Christmas tree,) and the other one is a lot older.  We'll see what happens.
   We finally got snow. Only a couple of inches but it sure is cold.  I get to wear my boots again. Thank goodness I have them.
   The Second Counselor is sick, his health is very bad, he too has had a stroke. Anyway Dad is conducting Sacrament Meeting again this month so he is working on talks and will be teaching for Sister Storm for Sunday School. They are in Florida.
   We are helping teach about 4 new investigators. We'll have to see what happens with them.  So far 4 of our first baptisms are not coming out to church. We still visit them, a lot of it is health problems, the cold, and just plain not knowing that you have to do more than get baptized.  We still love all of them! Alma is still so wonderful, always happy, kind and considerate to all missionaries.
   We have set new goals as a mission and individually. Why is it so hard to keep our personal goals? We just have to keep trying and rely more on our Savior.  He is always willing to step in and help, we just have to keep working through Him. I've always thought I could handle most things on my own. I'm trying to rely more on Him.  When will I learn He wants to help me? I still carry that PRIDE thing around my neck. I wonder if I will be working on this the rest of my life?
   All of you have a wonderful week. Keep trying on all your own new goals. All of you keep happy and well. The gospel is true and so are all of us just hanging on trying our best, especially all of you!

                    Love all  of you, Elder & Sister "A" as some of them here call us!  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment