Monday, May 11, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

   Hope all the "WOMEN" had a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY!  We missed all of you but thank goodness for telephones.  We got to talk to every one of our KIDS.  That is the most wonderful MOTHER'S DAY  gift I could ever ask for.  Thank you so very much for all the remembrances and love.  My most precious gift is my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, my husband and the gospel.  Heavenly Father has certainly made my cup runeth over! 
      We have had a wonderful week. Sat. we took two cars filled with members to Washington DC Temple.  What a temple, and a wonderful experience to get to go again before we leave. We took Tim & Marisol Hatchet down for their first time. They got to do baptisms, and also had their daughter with them and really enjoyed the experience.  Their daughter had never been outside of Philly.  We got to do a session and help in the baptistery, doing confirmations, Karl as a witness and I was handing out towels. 
   I had forgotten how beautiful this temple is and how much I miss working in the temple, we sure want to get back into it when we get home!
   We left at 9 in the morning and got home at 11 pm. We are so blessed to have our temple so close by, we've learned many lessons back here, one of them is how close we are to conveniences at home.  I hope we will remember all the positive things that we have so missed and learned here in the mission field.  Being so close to a temple is certainly one of them!!
   The Hatchet's had us over for Mother's Day dinner, they fixed a lovely meal, they also had the four missionaries there.  The missionaries gave we two mothers a special tribute and then they had me bear my testimony!  My heart was very full, because I missed all of you so much, but truly I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It has made me so appreciative of all the blessings I've been given,(and have surely taken most of them for granted) anyway, please all of you know of the love and appreciation we have for your love, kindness, encouragement, help and prayers. They have made this an experience that has helped us grow and become so aware of all we've been given and helped with.  YOU ARE ALL THE VERY BEST, thank you so very much for being behind us!
          We love you all, Elder & Sister Armstrong
                                    Mom & Dad
                                    Grandpa & Grandma
                                     Karl & Joyce

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment